Monday, March 2, 2015

{Life} In sickness (and in health!)

I'm not getting married.

I just thought that was an appropriate blog post.

Three of us were sick last week, but we are now finally well! I'm so glad. You know how there's a few days of being sick when you would rather be anything else? ANYTHING? But then, there's a few days when it's kinda *ahem* not so shabby? I mean, you get to sleep (all the time!) and when you're not sleeping you can watch movies (all the time!)...there's worse things in the world. But eventually (it takes me quite a while sometimes) you just want to be better.

There was two days I would rather have been anything but sick. I was miserable. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't stay still because everything hurt so much. I laid on the floor, I laid on the couch, I moaned. I couldn't even watch movies it hurt my head too much. Tylenol was my sweet break from the aches. Mom would prefer we not take medicine unless we have to. So I stretched it out. But I got to a point when I had to have a break, I just couldn't handle it.

(My mom was an awesome slave....er...nurse the whole time by the way! I'd highly recommend her!)

But then it got better...I did at least. I didn't need to sleep on ice packs anymore. It was great. Kota got it. Kota never gets to a point where he is too sick to watch movies. So we watched all the movies. Twice. We watched Mirror Mirror twice in  a row. It was the good days of being sick. When you are still obviously sick, but not so miserable you can't enjoy being a couch potato.

I blame Tyler for the whole thing by the way. It was his germs that have been lurking around for two weeks just waiting on the rest of us. :)

3 comments:

  1. :( I am so sorry my dear! It really stinks being sick. If it helps, I missed you immensely in class last week! I hope you are feling much better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you for commenting, Rachel! I missed you too. (Fine, in all honesty, I was asleep...but I missed you after that!) :)

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. Then I got it! Or something similar. I'm not sure mine was quite as bad, but I am sure that I was so thankful for having you and my mom to help! Thanks for joining our family in sickness and in health!

    ReplyDelete