Friday, March 20, 2015

{Movies} Death Comes to Pemberley

I mentioned this mini-series as on the top of my "to-watch" list. My mom was my movie watching partner. It's three episodes long. We were going to watch just one episode.

When we finished the second one, we decided at that point we may as well just finish it.

At midnight it was finally over. Now I will share my two cents. I'll try NOT to have any spoilers.

What is 'Death Comes to Pemberley' About? Keeping Up With The Darcys Apparently Involves Murder

This story is set post- Pride and Prejudice, the day before Pemberley's famous and annual Lady Anne ball. Pemberley is in a bit of chaos in preparation. Suddenly in the evening, there is a death in the Pemberlely woods. The movie tells the story of the death and its affect on the Pemberley household.

Let's start with what I considered to be the cons:
It was dark. Kinda a creepy Jane Eyre feel to it. It's a mystery story. I don't really love mysteries.

Colonel Fitzwilliam. I won't tell you all of it, but his character was not the same cheery, jaunty Colonel in Pride and Prejudice. I missed the happy-go-lucky Colonel.

There was a few really scary parts. Scary in my opinion. Seriously, I was afraid one part in the woods would give me nightmares.

Unfortunately, the actors were not the same. I'm partial to the old actors. I did get used to the new ones, but some of them just weren't quite right. I wasn't really in love with Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth, but I liked Jane, Wickham, and Georgiana.

Let's move to the pros (in my opinion)
More Pride and Prejudice, guys. Most of the characters kept their personalities really well. It was fun. I always want to know more about the characters after the book is over! This handed me three more hours of the Darcys and Bennetts. Thank you, BBC.

The story wasn't bad, I just so happen to not really like mysteries.

It had some good themes. Especially, I thought, between Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy. (although there was also a questionable seen. Just so ya' know)

(Okay, I've watched it, I'm writing a blog about it, and I JUST NOW learned it's a book. I didn't read the book, didn't even know it existed. But there ya' go!)

Death Comes To Pemberley | The Downton Dame Of course, not an extant dress, but I love this outfit!

THIS IS A POTENTIAL SPOILER:

When you see that lady ^ you may just want to close your eyes and leave the room. ;)



1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of it, but now I'm intrigued! I wouldn't have even considered it if you hadn't had some pros. Maybe I will have to get some girls together for this!

    ReplyDelete