Thursday, March 6, 2014

{A Few of My Favorite Things} A Roundup

I'm totally lost on ideas. So, it's time to pull out a good ol' list, right? :) I'll try to build up some creativity for my next post. But in the mean time, this will have to do.

Ella Enchanted. I've always liked this book. It mixes some of my favorite things. My mom says I like books with "princesses and dragons". It's sadly true. I don't branch out very often. :) I was listening to it again this week, thanks to a new audio library my dad found, and enjoying it all over again!


This picture. Isn't it lovely? Just too much for words.
sky


Catniss and Tyler relaxing on a snowy day. A few of my favorite things ;)

This smoothie. I had this the other day, and really loved it. Mom and I don't usually follow recipes when we're making a smoothie. But this wins me over! Recipes are a good idea! (This might be a good time to point out a life lesson that I come upon often. "My way" doesn't always work.)

Fig Newton Cupcakes. Are you fig newtons "yes", or fig newtons "no". I like the taste, but the texture is a little strange in my opinion. I hoping to try these soon. They LOOK yummy! And greek yogurt as frosting is such an interesting idea.

This cake. How creative is that? And, how long did that take? And, how many oreos would I have to buy to make one of these? :) (Kota walked by as I was writing this. He would like that for his next birthday cake :)
Oreos... lots of Oreos.

Wax paper transfer. Do you think this really works? I might give it a shot! If it does work, it could make some really cool crafts/projects!

I really like this outfit. Apparently I'm still lingering in fall colors. C'mon, brain! Time to move on to spring colors. So maybe I'd switch the colors to white, blue, green, and yellow. Or pink, cream, and orange. Or grey, green, and blue. Something like that.
Orange & Browns


Who can concur with this? Baby safety handles have the same affect on my ability to open a door! :)



LOL, too funny!! :)


 Oh, yes. Isn't it true, though. Always, always. But I miss it so often.


thanksgiving

We rented Thor, The Dark World from Amazon last weekend. I've read all over the place that it's actually a movie about Loki, that just has Thor in it. That's actually very true. Loki brought the humor, or at least most of it. A lot of the emotion was more from that character, too. At least, that's what it felt like to me. The movie was good, super-hero type. Villains, a love story, danger, chaos... the whole enchilada. Marvel has something going with these movies! They have the Avengers to build on, Thor, Captain America, not to mention they haven't even started on the Black Widow, and Hawkeye. Years of movies about these characters, if they choose to keep going. :)

Last of all, here you go:
Today is a good day to have a good day
It is absolutely a good day to have a good day!

8 comments:

  1. I love that outfit! :D
    And Thor: The Dark World... amazing movie. So much complicated stuff. Loki is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was complicated. At the beginning I was just thinking, "They better get around to some explaining pretty quick!" They did, and it was great!

      Delete
  2. Thor: The Dark World!!!! Yes, I agree with you Savanna:) I didn't know you named your cat Catniss!!! ( I knew you guys had some imagination hidden in there:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catniss (previously known as Gerdy) won our cat version of the hunger games. (i.e. she lived/stayed around the longest, and got to come inside) and got renamed. She is now known as Catniss or Victor :)

      Delete
  3. YOU NAMED YOUR CAT CATNISS!!! I love love love it!!!!!! Hands down best pet name!
    Super fun post, I agree, Loki really was the best part of Thor 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our morbid little joke ;) Creatively branching out from our traditional "O'Malley" :) Thanks for commenting, Chloe!

      Delete
  4. So much cuteness! And lists are always a fun idea for blog posts. I absolutely love the two plaques and would like to have them hanging in my house as reminders. :) And I re-pinned the smoothie recipe so that I can try it when I actually have some fresh fruit in my house. My husband got me a blender for Christmas, so I am pretty excited about new ideas for smoothies. Though, I must admit that I tried fresh spinach in a smoothie recently and am pretty nervous to ever try it again. Whoever said fresh spinach doesn't have a distinct flavor in smoothies was very, very wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blenders are a great thing to have around! Smoothies definitely take some practice (at least, they do for me!). I agree, spinach needs a strong flavor to cover it up (especially if it's close to going bad! That's when it's extra strong!).

      Delete