There's some people in my life who I've really come to admire lately. I'm going to describe what I've learned from them, and why I respect it. However, since I haven't asked their permission to write about them on my blog, I'm not going to share their names.
First, is a girl (more of a woman, actually) who I've been learning love from. In her conversation, and her actions toward others, I just see a really loving, non-judgmental attitude. I think she sees other people with God's perspective. This really convicts me. I am very judgmental, and it takes effort for me to look at someone and see their gifts right away, see what God sees in them. I've been praying that God would put His lens over my view of people, so I see how they fulfill His plan.
Second is that girl's mom. This lady is one of the sweetest people I know. She always has a smile on. And it's a smile you just want to reflect. She doesn't only carry a smile, but she's always ready with laughter. Her sense of humor is really fun, and I feel like people around her just pick up her joy. But, what I've most been touched by in her life is something that happened a few weeks ago. I was with some people who just knew her name, not her family, or anything about her life, and had only been around her for five minutes tops, but you know what they said? "So-and-so? Oh, she is really nice!!" That just hit me. This lady had left an impression on these people after just a few minutes. She was spreading a little bit of her joy from the Lord in so short a time. Another prayer, "To bear a faithful witness for Christ in all places; to leave a savor of my Master in every society..." {Holiness, by J.C. Ryle}
Okay, the last thing I've seen and been touched by lately is actually three families. From them, I've learned three slightly different, but really noticeable ways of showing hospitality. The first family is so enthusiastic, they just have all this balled up positive energy they share with people around them. They're also really laid back, with true servants hearts. However they can help, whatever works for you, and all with happy energy. The second family live in this little house, but they've asked my family over for dinner several times, and filled it to the brim. They are really funny, ready to laugh, but they add well-thought-through ideas to their conversation. Added to all that, they seek God's plan in their lives with open minds, and a willingness to follow wherever He leads them. The last family is one I've known for awhile, but have been privileged to spend more time with recently. So far, I've never been there when there's not someone else, outside of their family, visiting or staying for a few days while some move or situations switch is happening. Their house is open and inviting. I feel welcome when I'm there. Not like an intruder, or in the way, but just taken in as part of the family. Being around their family has been teaching me other lessons about how I treat my siblings, and how I help (or more often DON'T help) to make our home more inviting to visitors.
Those examples are really just what came to mind first. This post may reoccur often as I see gifts in people and families that I admire and learn from.
Have a great day!
This is so sweet Beth! You should definitely do more of these!!
ReplyDelete