READING...
Do you mean an actual book? Like, not an audio book? Sorry, I don't do that.
Kidding...sorta.
Anyhow, last week I read a novel by Liz Curtis Higgs called Mine Is the Night. She's a Christian writer I've sorta vaguely heard of before. Anyway, the book was "based" on the story of Ruth. Reading the Ruth story in a different setting really brought out some questions in my mind. I mean, I've always thought Ruth and Naomi were very forward in how they pursued Boaz, but I'd always credited it to a different culture. But this book had me wondering a little more about it...do you think what they did was acceptable in that time, or were they really being a little unusual? It wasn't an amazing book...it was just ok.
WATCHING...
I haven't watched any movies in days! :) But let me tell you what I have on my list! A friend suggested I watch a show called Death Comes to Pemberley. She didn't recommend it as off the wall good, just as something I might enjoy. It's supposed to come after Pride and Prejudice. The name sounds a little strange though, right? My curiosity is up! I'm going to wrangle mom into watching it with me soon :)
LISTENING...
How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack ;)
Harry Potter. When I was sick a couple of weeks ago I wanted to listen to a Harry Potter. That's just what I wanted to listen to. So I started through them. Do I love them? No. But I do think they are better than a lot of the books I can get to listen to. I certainly like some better than others. The Prisoner of Azkaban is probably my favorite.
MAKING...
Made some oatmeal bread this week, some granola. OH! We were given an 8lb. bag (Yes, BAG!) of plain greek yogurt, so I've been flavoring lots of yogurt. :) I love yogurt.
A crocheted rug for in front of Storm's dresser. He's been waiting about six months, but I finally finished!
FEELING...
Happy. This is my last school project for the day. So next? Listen to books and clean!
PLANNING...
A session with my personal trainer in the morning. ;)
LOVING...
Dare I say it? Guys, wearing shorts has been pretty nice! If we got four feet of snow tomorrow, I'd be more than excited. But as long as it's not too hot, the shorts have been nice. I'm ashamed to admit that. I'll had in my head of winter lover's badge right now.
I like that the things you are making are the things you usually make for me! Thank you! :)
ReplyDelete