Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Back in the Blogging World with {Pictures}

I'm kinda a failure as family photographer. NO REALLY. Two birthdays have passed and I didn't get a single picture of either. Not one. I'm really bad a capturing our everyday activities. 

That doesn't mean I'm not taking pictures...

They're just not of my family. 

Recently, I've been really taken with light. I know, I know, photography is all about light. But I mean lonely light, light surrounded by darkness type of thing. Maybe it's because it's dark early. Anyway, here's some of my recent picture "finds".





That windmill scene is one of my favorite scenes. I get to see it all the time. But it never gets old. Sometimes I just wish I could show better what I can see! 'Cause what I see is much more spectacular.

Moving on from pictures to sign language. I forgot to mention that I sat down to this post with no expectations or ideas. Just makin' it up as I go. Sign language, though! I think I've lost part of my hear to it. Which is not very practical, because sign language has never been part of my plan. I'm just really not sure at this point where I'm going with it. But I really hope and can at least continue to ASL 2 this summer. I really like my teacher. She's very laid-back and wants us to learn at our own pace. Three hours of sign language is really a brain overload but I haven't burnt out yet so I think it must be a good overload. It certainly keeps me awake on that 50 minute drive home, which I am very thankful for. I'll admit something embarrassing, though. Several times I've been signing in the car on the way home and started swerving all over the road. I sincerely hope my mom doesn't read that. Moral of the story: don't try to sign and drive at the same time. Especially if you aren't experienced at either.

That's my hurried blog post for the week. Hurried, unplanned, and unrevised. It probably makes no sense, but it will have to do for now! I have places to be :)

4 comments:

  1. Aw! I love your pictures! How do you do it??! And just so-ya-know you totally pull off the "hurried blog post". Great post Beth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LAUREL! I didn't know you read my blog! :) I'm glad you like this post...I read back over it and thought, "maybe I should've waited until I actually had some time to think about what I was saying...?" :) Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Haha! Yeah... I'm kind of creepy like that...;) Nope nope nope! I liked it! The random posts have always been my favorite because that's when personality comes out and that makes it really fun to read. It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks of blog posts on the spot with no planning! :)

      Delete