Tuesday, April 22, 2014

{List} 10 Reasons You Should Go Shopping With The DeWolfs

1.) The DeWolfs love shopping. Shopping with someone who loves shopping makes it more fun. Mom and I shopping together means we feed off each other's misery. Bad combo. But the DeWolfs love shopping, so it immediately becomes more fun!

2.) They're detailed. Especially Mrs. DeWolf and Savanna (sorry, Avery see #3 for what I consider your shopping skill!). Mrs. DeWolf thinks through everything before spending money on it. For instance, yesterday (when we were shopping with DeWolfs), Mrs. D found a dress she really loved (and I'll add, was the perfect color for her), HOWEVER (<see that, Mrs. Mann? :) it had a small snag. No problem, there was another one of her size. Instead of just grabbing the other dress and leaving as quickly as possible (my tendency) she tried it on. And you know what? It was different! It was a tiny bit shorter and had some extra rumply fabric. Like I said, very detailed. Perfect person take shopping!

3.) (AVERY!) You should go shopping with Avery because she "sprint shops" or "speed shops". I think it's quite funny. If you ever want to get in and out of a store as quickly as possible, take Avery along! Or race shop... she would definitely win. She'll also goof off and escalators with you... which is just pretty fantastic :)

4.) They know what stores to go to. And can quickly mark out any that just wouldn't be promising places.

5.) They're thrifty. Mrs. D will spend money on something if she loves it enough, but her tendency is definitely toward thrifty. Which is perfect!

6.) They're encouraging. When mom and I start flagging, the D girls are there with helpful words! ("That's so cute!", "Oh, I LOVE it!")

7.) They make you try things on. Seriously, mom and I REALLY avoid trying things on. But we went into several dressing rooms yesterday absolutely loaded down with dresses! It was actually a good experience. I feel like if I were going to order things online, I would be more equipped to pick out styles I like, because I've tried so many on!

8.) They add laughter. For example, when Mrs. D was undressing a mannequin. In her defense, the dress it had on was one the size Savanna needed to try on. It was still a little embarrassing! :)

9.) You get to try chipotle for the first time! I liked it-I'm a sucker for mexican food!

10.) YOU GET A DRESS! It's a rare thing to find a dress I like, and mom likes! A miracle!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha, you make jus sound better than we actually are! I though you were super fun to go shopping with, seeing as you add a TON of laughter and hilarious comments! (The escalator thing was terribly exhilarating, I will do that anytime with you again!!)
    ~Avery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list, and it makes me wish I could have joined your shopping trip (especially since I have been looking for a dress for a wedding this summer...without success thus far). What was the occasion for this dress-shopping trip? I did appreciate your "however" - and your examples to illustrate your points. :)

    ReplyDelete