Monday, January 19, 2015

{Questions} Snagged From Curious Ramblings!

These questions are snagged from Chloe at Curious Ramblings. Hop on over there to see some spectacular gifs. They are hilarious :)

What did you do in 2014 that you have never done before?
I navigated an airport by myself, and I got a driver's license! Both scary, exciting adventures!

Did you keep your 2014 New Year's resolutions?
WELL, as I can't remember what they were, or if I made any, I seriously doubt it. I'm guessing I didn't make any. I'm more likely to make a "new week resolution" than a New Year resolution.

What countries/states did you visit?
KANSAS! Alaska, Washington, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska. The United States :)

What would you like in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A job. :) Maybe this summer. A fashions sense would also be nice, but that's not going to happen.

What song/album will always remind you of 2014?
While I was in Alaska this summer I was forced to listen to Katy Perry and some other artists that are just not my favorite. But hearing those songs will forever make me think of this year!

Did you move anywhere?
Across the couch? No, I didn't move anywhere, aside from a little jaunt to Alaska. I'm very happy with our little house on the prairie. Our house moved... up...then...down. But that doesn't really count. :)

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Aforementioned driver's license. It was stressful, it was scary, I took some serious teasing along the way, but it's over now, and oh be thankful!

Compared to this time last year, what are you?
Running a lot less? At this time last year I was running A LOT. Currently, I'm not running that much. I'm also more swamped with school and slightly more independent. Slightly. :)

Did you suffer an illness or injury?
I've ALWAYS been the sickly one. And this year was no different. I would get sick, no one else would. But all around, no, I've been very healthy. I did get this mean blister. (How boring is that? I need a BATTLE WOUND!!)

What was the best thing you bought?
Gifts. I love buying gifts. I especially enjoyed picking out Alaskan souvenirs. I also really enjoyed a graduation present that my parents bought for my cousin. Granted, I didn't fork over the money for it, but it was my idea and I made it! So... can I have 12% of the credit? (Did anyone get that?) Here's a picture:
Where did most your money go?
Gooooddd question! Very good question! It seems to be missing...

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
All the time I got to spend with little people and babies, Mrs. Mann agreeing to our little trade idea, passing my driver's test, meeting new friends in strange places, working in the kitchen at Bethlehem Revisited, beating Veritas, finishing well our last game at state, new shoes, egg nog... the list could go on and on :)

What was the best concert you went to this year?
Well, ummm...I didn't go to any. So, yeah.

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Math and Biology. But that is very much my own fault... so I wish I'd taken more pictures. We don't have very many pictures of our family this past year. woops.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
One word: internet. Two words: time suck.

What was your greatest music discovery?
The CD player in my CAR!! Oh my word, that thing has kept me company in the fog, at 1AM, in the dark, when I'm tired. It's been the best. I'm guessing that's not what the question meant. So that aside, I really like this song because it's a newer, fast paced version of one of my favorites songs:


How did you spend Christmas?
Doing NO school (not a single bit!), caroling with the Ryan's, going to the movie theater to wait in line then getting cold and bored so going home, and playing games with the Robersons. Now THAT was a mouthful!

Who do you spend the most time on your phone with?
Welp...I don't have a cell phone. The ONLY person I've ever spent significant time of the phone with is Hannah. I have a deep-set irrational fear of phones, but Hannah has helped me a step closer to conquering that.

What was the best book you read?
Oh my. Cruelty! I don't remember half the books I read, let alone which was best! I really enjoyed the Royal Rangers and The Brotherband-Scorpion Mountain because my whole family was in on the adventure.

Did you fall in love in 2014?
Uhh...no. Thank heavens.

What did you want and not get?
Well, I've been meaning to buy a cell phone. But I have some stipulations I've set for myself that I've not attained yet. So I shall wait and sincerely hope I never get a flat tire out in the middle of nowhere.

What were your favorite films of the year that you saw in theater?
I saw Catching Fire, X-Men, The Winter Soldier, and Night at the Museum 3. My FAVORITE was Captain America. I went to X-Men with some friends, and like the ditzy self I am, didn't know there was other X-Men movies that I hadn't seen. I was sitting in the theater after the movie thinking that is by FAR the worst movie I have ever seen! There was SO MANY unexplained aspects. After watching the OTHER X-Men movies, I felt very blonde and it made much more sense ;)

What did you do on your birthday?
I nannyed. It actually don't remember what we did that day. All the days melded together! I remember having lemonade pie... I remember opening gifts and being so, so homesick. I remember my aunt being very thoughtful and making some new friends right around that time. But that's about all I remember.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being a perfect human being.
OH, and maybe trying this:

Or with food: | 25 Completely Scientific Reasons Why Women Live Longer Than Men

What valuable lesson did you learn in 2014?
Dehydration isn't always very pleasant and keeping your mouth shut is always the better way to go. *ahem* I may be learning that lesson for years to come. Which is not an exciting prospect.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so touched to have made the list! :) I like lists like this.

    ReplyDelete