If you were looking for rhyme or reason...you may consider looking somewhere else. There won't be any of that here today ;)
Currently>
READING...Pride and Prejudice for literature class, annnddd...that's it. Unless you count textbooks, then the list would be LONG :)
WATCHING...we checked out Divergent from the library this week. I really enjoyed it. The book for me was so-so. It seemed like a big rip-off of the Hunger Games, and I was just slightly depressed reading another dystopian society book. But the movie was faster paced, with none of the characters thoughts. It has actually now ranked above the Hunger Games movies for me.
LISTENING... ah, yes. Here is where I get all my literature. Although actually RIGHT NOW I'm listening to the Divergent soundtrack.
Moving onto books: I'm listening to On My Honor which I just randomly selected from an online library. I can't say much about it yet, I haven't listened to much.
On the other hand, I just finished listening to Unbroken (YA version). Unbroken is the story of Louie Zamperini a 1936 olympic runner turned bombadier in WWII. He ran in the 5000M after less than 6 months of training. He was supposed to break the mile record in the 1940 olympics. He survived 47 days on a life raft at sea.
My favorite story from the whole book? When the war was over, the prisoners of war were waiting to be taken out of Japan. They first heard the war was over when one allied plane flew over and dropped a note with the news, one chocolate bar, and a promise to come with more supplies soon because that was all the pilot had at the time. The chocolate bar was dropped to one starving guy, but he didn't eat it. He took it back to the highest ranking prisoner in the camp and they cut it into 700 pieces. Each man in the camp licked his finger and picked up one sliver of chocolate. Camaraderie, bravery, heroism, courage, and fighting spirit made the book really amazing. His testimony made it extra special.
Guys, I loved it. Guys, I hated it. The story is amazing. I kid you not, phenomenal. (I don't usually speak so strongly for or against books or movies, cause it gets your expectations up. In this case, I'm just sharing exactly what I thought of it) His running, his war stories, his POW stories, his testimony. Just WOW. But so, so sad. My dad and brother listened to it and just loved listen to his courageous story.Most of the book made me very sad. Lay-on-the-couch-trying-not-to-cry. Loved it, hated it. You should read it. :)
MAKING...really trying to find a good sourdough recipe. I'm starting to think my starter may not be very sour.
FEELING...a little stressed. It's Monday and I have lots to do kind of stressed. Not bad, just a little apprehensive.
PLANNING...what I'm doing this evening. Help deliver firewood, go running...when, where, etc.
LOVING...a new sweatshirt I got for Christmas. It's so comfy!
When did I last sing out loud? What did I sing?
Yesterday morning at church. We sang a song I'd never heard before but really liked- The Love of God. Listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIdC_SRrzNY
Describe something beautiful I've seen lately...
Anyone been watching the sunsets? The last two weeks there's been some really pretty ones. By pretty I mean colorful-red- yellow-orange, and big-all striped across the sky. Like this one last week:
No comments:
Post a Comment