Wednesday, January 28, 2015

{A Few of My Favorite Things} My Journal


Start each day with a grateful heart. 100% agree. Even though you may hate going to work, some people would love to be in your shoes right now, healthy enough to go to work. Be thankful!
I've never really kept a journal. Everyone once in a while when I was younger I would keep one for a couple of months...or weeks...or just days. But I've lost them all. Thank goodness. I would guess they were pretty silly.
The last two years, however, I kept a gratitude journal. I started after reading 1000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I really enjoyed her writing style, and thought having a consistent activity to cultivate thankfulness would be worthwhile. I just write in it when I do my Bible time. I started writing down in it quotes by my very quotable family (and friends! And movies! And books!), Bible verses I ran across that I liked, and notable happening I wanted to remember. Although it's not like a real journal in paragraph form, the little snippets are still really fun to look back at, because they help me remember things I was doing or thinking or enjoying or struggling with.

Here's a little tour through the years :)

"I'm going to bury you in my pyramid, Mom!" ~Kota

307. Getting to know Hannah through Chem class

355. Laundry mountain ranges

483. Instructions from Grandma Elaine

565. The perfect number of clothespins

823. Stormy knowing how to fix the bike chain

873. Kids singing the K-State fight song

914. Liddy's reaction to sparkly shoes

981. 1 warm room
982. 2 thrilled brothers
983. 3 laughing Weddle sisters-nose goes piano playing
984. 4 Christmas carols

Craftaholics Anonymous® | Fabulous Free Fall Printables

I start my Bible time by writing down just a few gifts. I think it helps me focus my mind a little bit. ON the other hand, sometimes when I'm thinking through the previous day for something I was blessed by or loved, I think of something that I didn't get done :) So it has its pros and cons. But I really enjoy thinking of gifts, writing them down, and being able to look back over them.

45. "Hi!" from a strange little kid

57. Finding a friend (or two!) on hard hills

139. C-47

287. Running down tree rows

318. Abby-laughter conversations

332. Plaid pearl snap cutoff on the littlest

761. A varsity meeting on shorts

797. Sittin' round with my chocolate chips

824. Maiden voyage of the USS Banana

890. "one more" Studio C

925. Sr. night with Anna by my side

973. Prayer in the wrap-up station

977. Puzzles, UNO, one car delivered, and a cup of chai with hugs

(Advent day 6 page 52-a quote) "Try keeping a smile on your face all day"

980. Everything learned from Mrs. Mann

988. CINNAMON ROLL DAY
~~
13. Mrs. Ryan's help!! "hey, sweetie" :) feeling so loved

25. All the pretty hair at multi-church

47. Back with the worldview group for good times!

So there's  a random glimpse into one of my favorite activities. What are three things you're thankful for today?
Free Thankful Quote Printable from Mommyish


*images from Pinterest*

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I think I'm finally caught up. And wow. I love this idea! I think my sister does this...and maybe my mom. What a great way to be thankful always! I need a new [thankful] perspective on my life most days. Maybe this would help! I'm inspired.

    ReplyDelete