Thursday, October 16, 2014

{Pictures} Past and Present

I really enjoy pictures.

I enjoy taking pictures, looking at pictures, you name it. They mean more to me than words. No, words of affirmation is definitely not my love language!

I can look at pictures over and over and over. And love them the millionth time just as much as I did the first.

Our computer used to scroll through pictures as the screen saver. I loved it. I could just sit an watch it forever! (*Pauses as I go set our screen saver to doing that again*)

So this post is dedicated to some of my favorite pictures to look at over and over.

 So that's my cousin in the blanket. That's my dad and my uncle swinging him. They do this to everyone when we all get together. They've done it to me, my aunt, Tyler, all the little kids. It's really fun. Sometimes they just swing you by your arms and legs, but the blanket was deemed more comfortable. The other game my dad plays with little kids is "Kota bowling". It started when Kota was younger. We would set up some random objects as bowling pins, and dad would slide him across the floor on his back to knock them over. Needless to say, my mom has never participated in these activities. She generally refrains from watching at all. But her facial expression is why I love this picture! :)
 (Isn't that a throwback Thursday?) This would have been our first year of JH volleyball. I love this picture because when I look at it I think how little we were. So little. But at the time, I certainly did not feel little. I was playing my first year of CHIEF volleyball, I was no longer little ;)
 That picture was our Christmas card picture one year. My mom apparently gave up on trying to dress us nice, and went with the clothes closest to the door. Then accessorized accordingly with axes and chainsaws. Stormy was on cloud nine to be holding a chainsaw, and wouldn't take his hands off of it. :)
 2011, I believe. Long before a basement was even thought about. I took this picture with my little point and shoot camera after I climbed the windmill. There's flaws to the picture, but I love how it's pretty (sunrise, blooming redbud trees, warm color) and very realistic (buckets, hoses, electric lines..).
 Oh, that. I will never get tired of it. The occasion was, of course, playing around at the Salvation Army. This was my first time shopping with the DeWolfs. Since then, I've learned how many upsides there is to it!
 This, I can pinpoint as my first real interest in photography. There's a bunch of pictures from that morning that I really love. But this is probably my favorite. After those, I was hooked!
 Has anyone heard of our O'Malley obsession? We've named all the yellow cats that end up at our house O'Malley for several years now. My dad refuses to let that change. I think it's a little morbid. Anyway, this was O'Malley 1 (O'Malley 5 is sleeping on the couch!). He was yawning right at the camera. :)
 This picture gets me every. time. It was a complete fluke. But a good fluke! ;)
 Now here is where I got by very own "big camera". I think there is approximately one million pictures in the first week I had it. I had my own laptop that I would upload them on so I didn't flood the computer.
This was Tyler's junior year. I was taking his school pictures, and our dog "Cat" hopped in on some. There's about a dozen of either Tyler of the dog looking away from the camera. But then there's this one. What are the chances? Their expressions are even similar (weird, I know. But I think they are!)


Wow. Wow. Wow. That was the perfect excuse to look back through old pictures AGAIN! *sighs* I love doing that.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these! Wow, the snowflake one is truly amazing! I can definitely relate to the joyful nostalgia looking through old photos brings. And I agree that Tyler and Cat have very similar expressions in that last photo! I like the one of your house, too, and the reasons you listed for liking it. You are definitely getting more talented in your photo-capturing abilities! Can't wait to have you take some photos of our babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait, either! I love taking pictures of people. (strangely, no one at my house willingly volunteers to be my subject...) :)

      Delete