Thursday, April 30, 2015

{Outide} It's Spring to Me!

Now that spring is really almost over (hello 80o on the forecast!) I've decided to post what speaks "Spring" to me. (I stay on top of things like that!)

Floods...
Our house is safe, we are safe. Our orchard seems to live, our goats have only been wet once. So floods, for us, are just fun. There's some sort of excitement that comes from waking up to the water rushing through your orchard and across the road. When you walk through the woods after it dries out a little bit, you can see the "waterline" of debri stuck on the branches above your head. Once upon a time, my innocent self was splashing in waist-deep, murky puddles when my older brother (not so innocently) led me to believe pythons lived in that kind of water. (Of course I believed him! I'd watched Swiss Family Robinson! And I was little! And he was my older brother!)

Blooming...
everything! Everything is blooming. In my opinion, things don't look as pretty in the summer. Plants look hot and dry. But in the spring, there's colors everywhere and all my favorite flowers are blooming.


Graduation...
These last three years, April and May have brought what we dubbed "graduation season". All the fun senior cards are hanging on the refrigerator, and there's parties all the time. And CHIEF graduation, which is pretty fun because it's all your friends in one place together!

Shorts...
Hand me winter any day and I'll take it with a smile, I might even give you a hug. But that first time I put on shorts? I'm a happy camper!

That's what I've got for now. If you wanted to just skip all that, what I said was I like Spring. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment