Tuesday, December 2, 2014

{Life and Pictures} The Big Things and the Little Things

This is my 62nd blog post. I personally find 62 to be very exciting. So let's celebrate with some exciting things that have happened. At least, I thought they were exciting.

Thanksgiving with family. Getting to see cousins. We had to drive four hours away to see the cousins who live one hour from our house. Yeah, I don't know how that worked either. It was my uncles turn to have the "party" at his house, which is four hours away. And there wasn't really a good place to stay, so the family trekked out there, just to trek back home in the same day. It was a lot of car time. But it was better than expected. We watched movies on the way home :) But cousin time is always worth it. We took our annual cousin KSU picture. (my blog has been lacking in pictures recently. Please allow me to make up for that...)


A little in between picture shenanigans. This is my favorite, but it's missing some people, so it didn't make the cut :)
Something else exciting happened during our Thanksgiving party. One of my mom's friends from highschool/college came to the park with us because she lives in the said four hour away place (Aswego/Parsons Kansas, if you wanted to know. It's not much to see...). My dad mentioned that we were going to look at a litter of puppies in the area. She mentioned back that she had a puppy to get rid of (last of a litter that just hadn't found a home yet).

I probably forgot to say, my dad's dog Mercy got hit on the road not too long ago. It was very sad. And dad hasn't had anyone to take to work with him.

So back to the story. We went to her house on the way home. Have you ever been faced with one rolly-polly white puppy and been able to say "Nope. That's not the one"? I didn't think so. Turns out, we can't either. So, four hours home with the cutest little thing you ever did see. She slept the whole way. :)

She remained nameless for one day. The ideas were as follows: Betty May (She came from Labette county, Amy was her previous owner. Betty=Labette, May=Amy all mixed up.) Jasmine (we were watching a movie on the way home with a character named Jasmine), Tiger (I dunno...my dad votes for weird names), and Hunka Monka (my little cousin's suggestion...don't know where that came from either?)

But a dog can't go without a name forever. Betty May won out. It's perfect for her. I know you've been waiting for a picture, so now I shall oblige.


She's been so much fun. Aww. I love puppies. Especially when I'm not the one who has to take care of it. Great addition to our family.

What else? Well, I found the perfect brownie recipe. I've searched long and hard, I can tell you. Other people can do it. But I have never been able to find that perfect, soft, crumbly brownie. I've now done it. C'mon, be excited. I won't admit to making two pans in two days...but.... :) Hey, they're that good!

Was that enough excitement? I'll share just a few more pictures of some things I've been up to: (My mom is using these as Christmas gifts, of some sort. I don't really know the plan. But I've had a lot of fun picking out pictures, and making them)




2 comments:

  1. Betty May is solo cute! i want to come over and hug her:) I'm sorry about Mercy, I liked her a lot. I love your quote thingies! (They look pretty pinterest worthy to me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a cutie! (And special, too! She keeps us all safe from dust pans. *whew*) :) Maybe I'll put one on pinterest :)

      Delete