Thursday, November 21, 2013

{Journal} Re-do

In class on Tuesday, our journal assignment was: "Who would you meet if you could meet anyone?" IN class I completely blanked out. Then when people started sharing who they wrote about, my mind started working again. SO for my blog this week I'm going to re-do that journal assignment, now that I've  had time to straighten out my thoughts.

I'm very indecisive, so these so unspecific questions are extremely difficult for me. I start worrying about not choosing the right thing. I don't want to "waste" my one person! As a result, these are just a few of the people who have come to mind as I've thought it over. In no particular order,  here they are:


I would really enjoy meeting Nate Saint. Actually, any of the five missionaries or their families involved in that venture. They obviously just wanted to follow Christ and His call with their whole lives. I enjoyed every book I ever listened to about that mission. They're story, but more importantly the story of how some of their families continued to minister there is amazing. On the other side, I would like to meet the tribe they were trying to reach. Specifically the man who is alive and was involved in the attack on Palm Beach. To hear his story of how God changed his life would be so special.


I would really enjoy meeting John Bunyan. He is most famous for his book Pilgrim's Progress, but recently our church finished reading his own account of his life called Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners. He has an amazing talent for putting into words his thoughts and feelings.


I would really enjoying meeting Esther. Her story has always been one of my favorites from the Bible. When I was younger, it was mostly because it is about a princess and a kingdom, you get the point, basically everything I love in fictional stories. But as I've gotten older, I began to realize how much faith she had. She risked her life for her people, when, from  her point of view, it didn't really do much for her. The "risked her life" is something I've heard before when learning about Esther, so it sounds like old news. But when I think it over, I've got to wonder, would I have done it? If my situation seemed safe, would I risk my life for others?

Those are just a few, and once again, I'm left sitting here with a blank mind. :) Who would you like to meet?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you thought through this again! I like your thoughts. I'd also like to meet Nate Saint, along with Jim and Elisabeth Elliot. I'd also like to meet Nehemiah and ask him to pray for me to have steadfastness like he was able to, by God's grace! (We're studying Nehemiah and our ladies' Bible study at church.)

    ReplyDelete