Wednesday, November 13, 2013

{A Few of My Favorite Things} A Roundup



Winter. Guys, these freezing mornings make me think it's finally here. I love winter. Go ahead and call me strange. :) I don't like freezing cold, stormy days when there's nothing to do outside. BUT the snowy, cozy days outweigh the "bad" days of winter for me. Don't worry, fall brings up a VERY close second.


TAZO "Wild Sweet Orange" tea. I am not a tea fan. Not even sweet tea. I just don't like that "tea" taste. But wild sweet orange tastes more like wassail. I add a little liquid stevia to mine. It's a wonderful alternative if I want something not as sweet or filling as hot chocolate!


Waiting. I am [not so patiently] waiting for my goats to have their kids. I go out there every morning expecting new babies. I was so convinced it would be one of these cold mornings. Nope. I think maybe I should try going out their thinking "There is absolutely NOT going to be baby goats this morning." :)


Painting. I'm making my mom a burlap wall hanging as her birthday present. Artsy and crafty things aren't generally an area I excel in, which means I don't try it very often. But, with a goal in my mind, it's been fun to try an artsy project. I used this picture (from pinterest) as one of my ideas. I'll post a picture when mine is done.
Bobby pins. I saw these bobby pins on (yeah, go figure) pinterest a few days ago. I love them. I can't explain why, but I think it's just so beautiful. So are these bobby pins.

Avery sent me this picture the other day. I laughed so hard. That kid's face, and the idea, It's just perfect and so true!


This dress. If I ever have a million dollars, and need to go somewhere formal, I think I'll wear this. OR, if I EVER see this at a thrift store or garage sale, I am absolutely buying it. No question ;) Doesn't it just look like a fairy?

This guy's  amazing ideas and pictures. Oh how beautiful! God does amazing things in nature! I am so glad someone uses technology to make them all the more amazing!

Ok, last thing. Have I ever mentioned I am VERY ditzy and absent-minded? Things go in and out of my head in just a few seconds. As a result, I often have notes written on my hands. It's not a fool-proof method if I was my hands too many times. So I think I need some of these :)  Wearable sticky notes. It's better than pockets!

reminder sticky notes to attach to your wrist.

What has excited you/what have you loved this week?

7 comments:

  1. Those sticky notes are fantastic. I seriously need to get myself some!
    Orange tea, hmm? Sounds delicious.
    And that picture is awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, those sticky notes are the best! I can't wait to see how your mom's present turns out. Pinterest is the best:) Yes, goats -> "thrilling". Made me laugh! And finally, the photos of the snowflakes are incredible. Could you try that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS where were you guys last night? We missed you at the square dance!

      Delete
    2. I doubt I'm that creative om the snowflakes!

      Several people were in trouble, so I called it off. Of the people who were still allowed to go, I was the one who actually wanted to. And one of my parents was going to stay home with everyone else. ugh. It just wasn't worth it. Anyway, I missed getting to go!

      Delete
    3. Gotcha. Well, we missed you! Hey, when I asked Hannah who to talk to about working at Bethleham Revisited, she said she had always told you, but I'm thinking you aren't wanting everyone's sign up:) Who should I talk to about that?

      Delete
    4. I can tell you when rehearsal is, but as far as actually signing up, I would contact Mr. (Dan) Swihart, or Mrs. (Nancy) Swihart (I mean the Swihart kids' grandma).

      Delete
    5. Thanks:) I tried Mrs. Reader but she never got back. Sorry to have gone the long route through the comments ... thank you Bethany!

      Delete