Thursday, October 24, 2013

{Family} Stormy

Here's the fifth installment of my family blog posts. It's worked so well, maybe I could continue to my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Then again, maybe not ;)

I met Stormy just after he turned four.

Homeschool Tuesdays at the art museum.
He was the cutest little kid ever. Because Stormy wasn't the baby (Kota), and wasn't my future little sister (Sam), I don't think I paid as much attention to his personality at first. But, seven years later, that's changed. I remember a few things about Stormy vividly. First of all, my parents met them about a week before Tyler and I got to, so they told us about what they were like. I remember them saying Stormy had been somewhere and was so thrilled because he'd gotten a doughnut. Second, I remember that he was really, REALLY hard to understand. He couldn't say "s", "l", "r", or "g". ("s" was "t", "l" was "w", "r" was "w" or "m", and "g" was "y"). He would say "yamma" instead of "grandma". My most prominent memory of Stormy is how much he loved keys. Oh my. He would do anything to carry them around (he had several of his own he had with him constantly.) They totally fascinated him. In his profile, it warned about not leaving keys in vehicles. Thinking about it now, did he really have a tendency to START things and DRIVE OFF?! :)

 
I can totally see how these personality things I remember about Storm have stayed as he's gotten older. He still loves doughnuts :) Actually, he loves food in general. Even if he doesn't like something, he'll eat it, and never say a word.  He loves to help cook as well. Pastry chef in the making, I think. ;)
Although he pronounces everything correctly now, Storm has to focus really hard on communicating what he wants to. It takes patience to listen to him. It's just so much easier to finish the sentence when you KNOW what he wants to say!
And the keys? Well thank goodness he eventually started not taking them everywhere with him, but his fascination for equipment is absolutely still there. Stormy would hop in anything and drive it off if he was allowed to. (and he probably wouldn't wreck. He's talented and pays attention to things like that. He'll so be driving before me.)




Sam was having trouble getting the back of her hair dried, so he did it for her. *heart melted*



Storm is the middle child through-and-through! He's not even bossy like me. He will happily do whatever you tell him to, as long as he gets to be with someone. He loves to deliver firewood with Tyler, or help mom clean the kitchen. He always seems to be the one with extra chores, because he's so handy and ready to help. He can also get anywhere he has ever been. According to my family, when I am actually allowed to drive by myself, I will take Stormy everywhere with me so I don't get lost. :)
The last thing about Stormy is,  he is so, so sweet. Sometimes I wonder how someone with such a kind, caring personality got put in our family of rough, "think it say it" people. He's probably a good influence on us!



1 comment:

  1. *happy sigh* This is so sweet Beth! His personality does stand out in your family doesn't it! He is so sweet, I think He and Olivia are a lot alike!

    ReplyDelete