Apple cider
My mom spices apple cider with red hot candies. It is maarrveelloouuss!
My goats start getting fluffy
Their winter coats start growing, and they get to looking very...round. It is so cute! They just look warm and cozy!
It's the season before winter
So I always have winter ahead of me!
It's our social season
Doesn't that just sound like something from Pride and Prejudice? "It's the social season in London." Anyhow, we commit ourselves to not being at home much. And it's just for one season, so I can handle it.
Dark mornings
It's fun for it to be light outside all the time. However, there's something that feels right about getting up before the sun. And there's something quieter about the house when it's dark.
Volleyball
Need I say? Volleyball brings so much excitement! Last night, for example. We played best 3 out of 5. It goes without saying, but we played all five. And WON! Added to that, it was a team we really wanted to beat. Not to mention it helped our league standing. (Veritas is in our league, right?)
Hoodies, long pants
Yes, wearing shorts is fun. Being sweaty the minute you step outside is not. Yes, wearing long pants and hoodies is fun. (There's downsides to long pants and hoodies, but I want to think only positively about them. Ask me about the downsides in January!)
My mom's fall decorations
Mom really truly enjoys arranging cornstalks and pumpkins and hay bales. Sometimes I'm just not sure about the things she likes to do...But I think she does a good job.
Apples
We've had apples coming out of our noses. I think it's a good problem to have. At least it tastes good. I helped with the first round quite a bit, but this time I haven't helped at all. Which is kind of sad to me. But I still get to eat applesauce, apple butter, fried apples, and dried apples (it rhymes! I feel like Shakespeare!)
Fire
Our fireplace isn't burning full time yet, although dad did start if for a few days when it got down to 39o. But I am eagerly awaiting the day!
Who doesn't enjoy fall? It is just a beautiful season. I wonder what fall would be like if you lived in a place with no trees (Like Western Kansas!)?
I appreciate Fall the older I get, and one of the reasons is because I know people who love it! In Australia, they don't have Fall because it doesn't turn cold enough for the leaves to change and fall off the trees. So that probably helps me appreciate it more! Also, can you post some pictures of your fluffy goats? :)
ReplyDelete