I'm still getting over it :)
My dad missed the kickoff of my brother's football game. Really.
This might not seem like such a big deal, but my dad has never missed a sports event (or part of one) for any other reason than going to another event. He calls himself the "athletic supporter" and "head water boy" but he has never missed a game, and spends a great deal of time making sure everything is worked out. Say Tyler has a game in Hutchinson and I have a game in Salina. Mom goes with me, dad goes with Tyler. But I still had one parent with me. I can't remember ever going to a sporting event without having at least one parent with me. And I probably take that for granted too often!
My dad has always said he never lets "work get in the way of sports" :) But now, after ten plus years of involvement (coaching), cheering, and supporting us, he messed it all up! I'm left speechless.
![]() | ||
| 2003 (Tyler is in the sandy colored hat at the end of the bench) |
| Flag football 2007 |
| 4th grade volleyball coached by Jesse and Erin. :) |
| 5th grade volleyball coached by my parents and my aunty :) |
Because of my parents, sports is something I can look forward to. I know they will work as hard as they can to help whatever team I'm on (playing whatever sport!). Even sacrificing much of their time and sanity :) Like watching nine-year-olds try to play volleyball. Or spending all day driving to Hastings Nebraska to watch me play two games. No matter what level I'm at, my parents always make me feel like it's the most exciting volleyball they've seen :)
| 2012 Last game on JH |
That support and dedication is something I should never take for granted. :)

That IS a huge blessing! Why did your dad have to miss the game?
ReplyDeleteHe was.... (wait for it :) working! :) Unbelievable! ;)
ReplyDeleteI know what you are saying! Sometimes I wonder how on earth my parents could find anything positive in my JH vball games ... like, talk about slow! I am so appreciative of how they become interested in what I'm interested in. It really isn't something I can take for granted. Thanks for the reminder Bethany!
ReplyDelete